I have been paying my staff as a casual employee. She gives me the hours she has worked each month and I have paid her from my personal funds. She has not been paid from the company. She is asking me what she should do for her personal tax return filing. As the payments are personal, are they treated as salary?

Panwa: As for your inquiry with regards to your staff’s tax, kindly note that based from your mentioned details, we understood that she works as a temporary or part-time staff, thus the amount that you are paying her could not be treated/considered as salary, however if her income came from the job duties in Thailand, she should file the personal income tax at the Revenue Department.

Anyways, if you would need further assistance for tax advisory, consulting and tax related matters, please click here.

For more information, please feel free to contact us:
Phone: +66 2 933 9000
Fax: +66 2 933 6120
Email: bkk@panwa.co.th


For more information, please feel free to contact us:

Office: +66 2 933 9000
Whats'App: +66 8 5713 1000
Email: bkk@panwa.co.th

Location: https://goo.gl/maps/MhJsbjkPrji51Qyt6
Sky train: Yellow Line, Chokchai 4 Station, Gate 4. Our office is located between Soi Latphrao 50 and 52.

Address: 1560 Latphrao Road, Wangthonglang, Bangkok 10310, Thailand.