Doing business in free trade zone
Operating business in free trade zone has divided into 2 kinds
- Free trade zone outside of the Industrial Estate area
- Free trade zone inside of the Industrial Estate area
The steps to request permission to operate business in free trade zone outside of the Industrial Estate area are as follow;
- Request permission from the authorized person of the area
- Request permission from the Department of Industrial Work
- Request permission from the Customs Department
Free trade zone inside of the Industrial Estate area
The steps to request permission to operate business in free trade zone inside of the Industrial Estate area are as follow;
- Request permission from Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand
- Request permission from Customs Department
Required qualifications to operate business in free trade zone
- The juristic person must be paid up the minimum capital of Baht 5 million, in case the applicant applying for free trade zone is in special economic zone or “Consistency, Sustainable and Wealth Triangle” development project area which must be paid up the minimum of Baht 1 million.
- Obtaining the consent to operate business from the authorized person of free trade zone.
- Having possession right of land or area in which the business will be operated
- Being a business with stable financial status by considering the financial statement that certified by the auditor which must not have accumulated losses exceeding fifty percent of the capital. For the new registered juristic person, must submit a feasibility research of the project to support in consideration process.
- Operating business in accordance with the objective of the free trade zone.
|Checking and consideration process||7 days|
|Making insurance contract and parole contract||15 days|
Person who obtained business license to operate in free trade zone
|License Fee||5,000 Baht|
|Annual Fee||15,000 Baht|
Required documents for submitting the application in free trade zone
- Application form
- Copy of certificate of company registration
- Copy of certified company affidavit and shareholder list which is not more than 6 months
- Copy of VAT certificate (PP.20)
- Copy of document showing the ownership or possession right of the land which the business will be operated
- Consent letter from the authorized person of the free trade zone
- Financial statements that have been certified by the auditors for 3 years or other operating results
- Map of the operating area
- Details of the business operation in the free trade zone
- Type of business
- Plan and production process
- Source of funding
Remark: Before proceeding the process to request the permission, you may need to check that whether your product is allowed to be imported into free trade zone or not. After you have checked that your product is allowed to import in free trade zone, you can continue for requesting permission from the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand, however, for the square meter of the land that you can rent depend on your business. Once the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand decides to rent, you can request the permission from the Industrial Estate including step of requesting from the Customs Department. Therefore, you must meet the Industrial Estate’s officer to discuss the details about your business before you request the permission.
For more information, please feel free to contact us:
Phone : +66 2 933 9000
Fax: +66 2 933 6120