The Representative Office of foreign company was permitted as Representative Office in order to report the movement of business in Thailand to the head office ( did not engage other business ) and the head office will transfer money to Representative Office’s bank account for any expenses such as  salaries and rental etc., which it will obtain the interest income from such deposit money. Should it be calculated as taxable income?

 Panwa: Yes, due to the Representative Office in Thailand of the juristic person was established under a foreign law, it have status as the Company or Juristic Partnership according to Revenue Code section 39, if such juristic have income, they should include it to calculate the income tax according to Revenue Code section 65.

For more information, please feel free to contact us:
Phone: +66 2 933 9000
Fax: +66 2 933 6120